Download a PDF copy of the How to Conduct an Effective Workplace Investigation webinar slides.
How to conduct an effective workplace investigation
Training on effective and lawful workplace investigations is essential for all human resources managers and others charged with this responsibility.
The need to conduct a workplace investigation may arise when a complaint is made by or against an employee. This webinar will offer guidance on how best to proceed and how to achieve a meaningful outcome for all involved.
The webinar covers:
- The obligations of employers in dealing with complaints in the workplace
- The role of policies and procedures
- The role of the investigator
- Principles of natural justice and procedural fairness
- Collecting evidence
- Conducting effective interviews
- Understanding the skills required to decide the outcome of an investigation
- Writing an investigation report
- Record keeping
Click Q&A Document to download the Workplace Investigations Q&A.