This session expands on our webinar session of the same name, and includes case studies and a take-away tool kit.
Many businesses enjoy the flexibility that contract labour can bring to the operation. However, the law around who is a true independent contractor as opposed to an employee is complex and the consequences for getting it wrong are expensive.
This session will examine:
- Differences between employees and independent contractors
- Why the distinction is important
- Recent decisions and the impact on employers
- How to reduce the risks in the way you hire
Who should attend?
- HR professionals
- Business owners
- Line managers and supervisors
- Case Studies
- Individual & Group Exercises
- Group Discussion
- Half Day